95 Central Ave
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
We perform the following services to BMW 1 series, 2 series, 3 series, 4 series, 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, X series, Z series, I series & M powered series vehicles.
> Bmw Factory Inspection I & II Service
> Cooling System Repairs
> Brake Service and Repairs
> Engine Service and Repairs
> Drivetrain and Suspension Repairs
>Performance Enhancements & Upgrades
GERMAN MOTORWERKS recommends following BMW’s maintenance requirements, using all BMW original equipment parts and fluids. The exception to this is oil changes. We feel BMW stretches this service out too far. We advise conventional oil cars (1997 and earlier) change the oil and filter at 3-4,000 mile intervals. Synthetic oil cars (1998 and later) should perform an in-between oil change at 7,500 miles. This also gives us a chance to look your car over to avoid any unplanned failures that can happen with BMW stretching the maintenance schedule as far as 15,000 miles.
Depending on the age of your BMW, your vehicle will be fitted with either the Condition Based Service (CBS) or Service Interval Indicator (SII) system; both of which will alert you through dashboard symbols, when your BMW needs attention.
Most 2006 and newer BMW models feature Condition Based Servicing (CBS). This system actively monitors various service components for wear, ensuring that your BMW only requests attention when it needs it.
Pre 2006 BMW models built before the introduction of CBS utilize the Service Interval Indicator (SII). This system monitors the mileage of the vehicle and the time since its last service. A variety of dashboard icons will be displayed when it requires a formal Service or Inspection.
BMW Service Inspection I and II most pre 2006 BMW's:
This BMW service I is the more minor service that should be completed every 30K miles and 90K miles or between every 60,000 mile inspection II service. The inspection II service includes all of the inspection I and more with an engine air filter. We suggest additional maintenance such as spark plugs and a fuel filter replacement at every 60K miles.
- Change engine oil and filter oil while engine is at normal operation temperature.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Check rear axle for leaks.
- Visually check fuel tank, lines, and connections for leaks.
- Check condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Check power steering system for leaks.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads.
- Examine brake disc surfaces.
- Grease wheel center hubs.
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage, and joint disc.
- Check front control arm bushing for wear.
- Check brake and clutch system connectors and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
- Check for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust parking brake if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if necessary.
- Check condition of tires (outer surfaces (left/right)), rotate if necessary.
- Check and pressurize engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks.
- Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level; add coolant if necessary.
- Check level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir; add fluid if required.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
- Check airRead out diagnostic system conditioner for operation.
- Read out diagnostic system
- Check battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
- Perform battery load test.
- Check lighting system, i.e. headlights, foglights, parking, backup, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer/flasher switch.
- Check wiper and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Lubricate hood, trunk/tailgate and door hinges. Check operation of all latches.
- Check central locking/double lock.
- Replace microfilter or Acc. Cabin Filter.
- Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories.
- Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission, observe instruments.
95 Central Ave
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Call 831-649-0445 or email us anytime to check if your BMW is due for maintenance or if you would like to schedule an appointment.
Is it time for your next service?
Call Us at 831-649-0445 so our experts can properly service your BMW.